Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Not Your Usual Field Trip



"You two are gonna have fun today, you'll see."
"Have fun? Our sons are at home in our bodies and you think we'll have fun at the museum??"
"Well you had fun the first time you were there on the field trip! It's been two whole days! You can't miss school for too much longer, people will start calling. We need to find this guy. And besides, your Aunt Vivian is here to make sure nothin' happens to you."
"Something already did happen to us! And very funny."
"Oh come on, you two are so cute! How can I resist. Look at you, with your bubbles!"
"Seriously, John, that is completely embarrassing." Kevin looked at his new "brother".
"Whatever. I'm in the body of my six year old son. I might as well enjoy it."
"God you even sound like a little kid."
"So do you! So do you!"
"Don't fight you two, or no ice cream later."
"This is a nightmare," said Kevin. "The boys said that the security guard was named Max but no one named Max works there, we checked."
"So it's some random magical security guard? Great, this is like something from a movie." John blew his bubbles.
John was secretly starting to worry. He felt like a kid again. He felt like playing with toys constantly, and every man on earth now towered over him as a giant, including his little boy! How could someone do this, even if they were able to? Didn't they know that a grown adult couldn't live like this? He blew bubbles more.
"Would you quit with the damn bubbles?!"
"I'm nervous and it makes me look the part, okay? Fine, here," John dumped the bubbles in a nearby garbage bin.
"What if we don't find him? What if we're stuck like this? God, my body is eight years old and my eight year old son is in mine. He doesn't know how to drive or go to work. What will we do? What can we do?"
"We'll get through it. We're family. That's what family does?"
"So how about we go see an R rated movie after the museum?" John asked.
"Do you have absolutely no priorities?" Kevin was amazed.
"Yeah and besides which, I can't bring a little kid to an R rated movie. What if one of my neighbors saw me? I would simply be mortified." Kevin rolled his eyes.
"I think I should probably tell you guys something," John began.
"Oh, I don't like the sound of that," Vivian said, in her constantly worried voice. His aunt in real life had now become his great aunt. John continued.
"When we were at the field trip I sort of met this guy."
"What? Why didn't you say something?"
"Because the boys finally came forward after two days and talked about how they made their wish but I sort of...look...he tricked me okay? How was I supposed to know he was for real?"
"What are you talking about? What did you do?"
"I thought he worked there. He talked about how much fun the kids were having. He asked me if I thought I wanted to feel that carefree again. And not have to deal with work. And then...I wished we could be kids again. Both of us."
"You what? How could you?" Kevin yelled.
"Oh like I knew this was going to happen," John replied.
"You two might have to get used to this," Vivian. "Oh think of those poor boys. What you've done to them! They will have to be the grown ups and...oh we better hope we fight that Max guy!"
"Time's a wasting! Come on!" Kevin said, as boldly as an 8 year old could. He would handle the boys if it came to it, but right now they had to at least track this guy down and unwish themselves back to normal, and fast!

Meanwhile, back home, the boys were anything but miserable...



"FUCK YOU, DAD!"
Jerry giggled to himself. Charles continued practicing,
"FUCK YOU, DAD! You don't tell adults what to do! We tell you what to do! NOW SHUT UP AND GO TO YOUR ROOM OR I'LL GIVE YOU A SPANKING!"
"You sound just like grown ups!"
"We are grown ups. Now and for good, stupid."
"I'm not stupid! Nuh uh! Am not! Am not!"
Charles, now in his father Kevin's body, ripped off the nametag his brother was playing with.
"You gotta start acting like an adult, man. MAN. Heh. You're a man now. This is awesome."
"I have hair on my face!"
"Dude, you haven't washed the spell off yet? You need to wipe that off before they get back. It's what makes this permanent. Wash it off and we get to stay in these bodies. If they see it they might suspect that the old man told us how to do it and how."
"I get to be a grown up and I don't have to go to school anymore! I get to watch TV whenever I want and stay up late!"
"And we get to punish our dads like they used to punish us all the time," said Charles darkly. "I can't wait til aunt Viv takes off. We'll convince her when the spell really starts to kick in. We're gonna get all their knowledge about how to do grown up stuff. Just wait. It'll be great. I can't wait to drive."
"What are you talking about, Charles. I know how to drive," said Jerry in a very mature manner. "Holy shit, I know how to drive! And I can say bad words! Shit! Fuck! I'm not even afraid daddy will hear me!"
"That's because you are daddy now, stupid."
"I'm not stupid. I'm a financial investor with an MA. Hey! I have all of dad's knowledge! Oh this is gonna be awesome! But..."
"But what?"
"But they're just gonna be like little kids. I didn't know how this would feel."
"I know how I feel. I feel like a fuckin' beer. And start calling me Kevin. And you're John. Our kids are Jerry and Charles now."
"This is gonna be so much to get used to. I'm tall and I have the knowledge of an adult now. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" asked the new John.
"That we know what these bodies want? And it ain't lemonade."
"It's a good thing both our dads are single. And that they are both gay. And they aren't related by blood." The two moved closer and started rubbing against each other. "How about you grab me a beer, too?"
"How about we get Viv to babysit while we out and "try and find the security guard". We'll explain that we've become like our dads. That we have their memories. Which she should believe since..."
"They are probably acting just like little kids right now."
"Right. I am getting my dad's memories."
"Me too! About how we met, fell in love, both had sons and formed a family..."
"I think this is the beginning of a new family."
"Works for me...Dad."




2 comments:

  1. Good, but i miss the adults struggling more with the mental changes into kids. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this blog. Of all the stories you have posted this is my favorite. What would be behind My New old boss and little brother My big problem. Although would be more perfect if you can, if they included more somewhere hot as in the story "I hope I did a Good Job Tonight". Thank you very much for this blog.
    Greetings from Spain.

    ReplyDelete